Join us for one of the area's only 4 mile races:
THE RUN 4 READING!
Did you know?
- 49% of 3rd graders in York County are not reading at grade level.
- 80% of a child's brain growth occurs before the age of 3.
- 17% of York County’s kids are living in poverty.
- 66% of children growing up in low-income families are NOT read to daily.
- 30 Million fewer words are heard by low – income children before the age of 3.
Help us raise money for ELP's early literacy programs and get more books into the hands of children and their families!
- 4 Mile Timed Run
- Book Relay (Timed) - 4 participants per team, 1 mile each
- Sleep-In Supporter - T-shirt purchase only (Adult and Youth sizes available)
Costumes are encouraged! Dress up like your favorite storybook character!
The run consists of a 4 mile loop beginning and ending at the downtown Rock Hill Fountain Park with a brief stroll through the campus of Winthrop University.
If a 4 mile run is not your thing, grab some friends and join us for the Book Relay where four participants can run/walk 1 mile EACH and carry a children's book to the end of the course. Last but not least, if you can't get your sleepy head out of your bed, register to be a Sleep-In Supporter and still get the cool A4 Tek long-sleeved shirt! Race Day t-shirts: Guaranteed if registered by February 16th, then as supplies last.